Share your time. Lend a hand. Volunteer.
Habitat for Humanity is a volunteer-driven organization. We welcome people from all walks of life to join us as we build decent, affordable homes in partnership with families in need. No experience necessary—simply a desire to learn and lend a hand! Our New Home Construction volunteers usually build Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 9 AM to 3 PM.
**NEW Home Construction will happen in June of 2017 in Silverton.**
When you volunteer on a construction site, please arrive prepared:
- Wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes.
- Bring clothing for all weather types. We’re in Oregon—we build in the rain!
- Bring plenty of water and snacks/lunch.
- Remember to sign in and sign out.
- Fill out our volunteer application and waiver HERE.
- If you don’t have access to a printer, we have extra waivers at the site.
Licensed Construction Professionals
If you are a licensed contractor, plumber, HVAC, or electrician we would love to talk with you about how you can volunteer your time as well.
Volunteering is a great way to bring your school, corporate, faith, or community group together to help make a positive impact in the community.
Construction Age Policy
Because we are a construction site, safety is our #1 concern. Our insurance requires that we restrict the activities of volunteers under the age of 18. Below are the highlights of our age policy.
- Under 16: We do not allow anyone under the age of 16 on the construction site. If you have youth this age interested in helping, we suggest contacting the volunteer coordinator for ideas of things to do off-site.
- 16–17: Can participate in construction work, but cannot use power tools, do excavation or demolition, or work off the ground (no ladders or roofs). Groups of volunteers in this age range must provide at least one adult supervisor for every four youth volunteers.
- 18+: No restrictions.
Volunteers provide support to Habitat ReStores in a wide variety of ways. ReStores strive to keep operating costs as low as possible to maximize the amount of money that goes directly to benefit your community, and volunteers are one of the ways to achieve this. Volunteers also help ensure every ReStore is a great experience for donors and shoppers.
Our volunteers fill a lot of roles from providing helpful customer service to creating DIY projects and displays, to painting store signs and organizing stock. We’ll assess your natural abilities to find a place where you’ll fit in and a role that interests you. Some of the tasks you can help with: customer service, cashier, product sorting, staging and pricing, stock shelves, merchandise displays, build racking and fixtures, internet and app posting, repurpose ReStore inventory and staff a booth at an outreach event.
We have two ReStore locations to volunteer at:
Woodburn ReStore: 245 Young St. Woodburn, OR 97071 (503) 902-0645 OR E-mail Mary
Canby ReStore: 411 S Redwood St. Canby, OR 97013 (503)263-6691 OR E-mail Carrie
Store Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Homeowner Selection Committee
Join the Homeowner Selection Committee and help to evaluate and choose prospective partner families for our new construction home builds.
Family Partnership Committee
Work with other volunteers to offer mentoring, homeowner education and support to partner families and homeowners.
Resource Development Committee
Work with staff and the Board of Directors on implementing a comprehensive plan to increase financial resources and in-kind donations.
See something that interests you?
If you have questions about volunteering, or need more information about available dates or times please contact Cayla Catino, Office and Volunteer Coordinator.
Contact us about Volunteering!